Funeral home helps fund grief center
|Photo courtesy of Dunn-Quigley Funeral Home|
Funeral Directors Life Insurance Co. (FDLIC) then matched the donation through the Helpers of People™ Charitable Contributions Matching Program.
The foundation provides funding so that no one is denied service for inability to pay.
The Kelly Grief Center was founded by Bob and Cathy Reeves, who lost their 16-month old daughter, Kelly Marie, in 2002. Following Kelly’s death, her parents found solace and comfort in grief counseling and felt the need to help others who struggle from grief due to the loss of a loved one, according to Dunn-Quigley officials.
“This program will hopefully create awareness about the availability of grief counseling here in our area,” said Dennis Dunn, owner of Dunn-Quigley Funeral Homes. “It is just one way we can show our appreciation to the families we serve. We are thrilled to be partnering with FDLIC in offering hope to grieving families through this matching program.
“The Kelly Grief Center makes counseling services available for every family, no matter their economic status,” Dunn added. “We are proud to support them as they bring hope and healing to our community following a loss.”
More Death Notices
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015