Charter One provides shopping spree to disadvantaged children
|Photo courtesy of RBS Citizens|
With a grant from the Charter One Foundation, 53 children from ACCESS and J. R. Coleman Family Services each received $100 gift cards to use at a shopping spree at the Canton Target store Dec. 12.
Volunteers from local Charter One branches assisted the children during the hour-long shopping spree. Shown at right is Rebecca Stavale, a teller at the Chapel Hill Branch, assisting a participating child.
This is the fifth year Charter One has underwritten the holiday shopping spree. More than 283 children have participated in the program since 2008, according to Charter One officials.
“Many of us are fortunate enough to experience the excitement and anticipation that comes every year as the holiday season approaches, “ said Lynn Budnick, executive director of ACCESS. “Unfortunately, there are thousands of local children who never know that feeling. We are grateful for Charter One’s generosity in helping us provide our youngsters with a magical holiday they will always remember.”
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016
- Uncorked Canvas with Brian Sutphin - 10/27/2016
- “Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein” - 10/27/2016
- Ohio Spirits: Stories, Legends and Tales from Ohio’s Haunted Places - 10/27/2016