Akron resident celebrates 104th birthday
|Photo courtesy of Iecia Butler|
Smith, shown at right, was born in Sylva, N.C., and had two brothers and one sister, according to her granddaughter Iecia Butler.
She is the widow of Leroy Smith Sr., and together they had nine children. Smith has 10 grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren, 19 great-great-grandchildren and one great-great-great-grandchild.
According to Butler, her grandmother loved to sing in her church choir at First Born Church of the Living God, and even though she’s not able to get around now, she still sings at home. She also said Smith was known as Mother Love in her church, since Love is her maiden name.
Smith lives with her daughter Beverly Butler and Iecia Butler.
More Senior Lifestyles
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure - 5/28/2016
- Electric Pressure Cooker Open Mic - 5/28/2016
- Kinderealm: Wildflowers: for ages 3-6 - 5/28/2016
- Spring Local Author Exhibition - 5/28/2016
- Spring Book Sale and Bizarre Bazaar - 5/28/2016