Green students send Valentine’s to hospital patients
|Photos courtesy of Mark Riggs|
More than 500 handmade Valentine’s Day cards created by Green Primary School students were delivered to the hospital that day. Some of the cards are shown at right bottom.
Shown at right top are Beth Ann Paradise, nursing director, and volunteer Mike Wolfe looking at the cards before distributing them. They were among the nursing staff and volunteers who helped distribute the cards to patients.
Amy Kilgore, internal communications manager at Akron General, said she received a call about the project several weeks ago and was told the students specifically selected the hospital from among several organizations to receive their artwork. The artwork was used to brighten the rooms of patients, she added.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016