Green students send Valentine’s to hospital patients
|Photos courtesy of Mark Riggs|
More than 500 handmade Valentine’s Day cards created by Green Primary School students were delivered to the hospital that day. Some of the cards are shown at right bottom.
Shown at right top are Beth Ann Paradise, nursing director, and volunteer Mike Wolfe looking at the cards before distributing them. They were among the nursing staff and volunteers who helped distribute the cards to patients.
Amy Kilgore, internal communications manager at Akron General, said she received a call about the project several weeks ago and was told the students specifically selected the hospital from among several organizations to receive their artwork. The artwork was used to brighten the rooms of patients, she added.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- Films by Jerome Hiler and Gov Hai - 2/25/2017
- Norton Kiwanis Chili Cook Off - 2/25/2017
- New Directions - 2/25/2017
- Cooking With Lemons - 2/25/2017
- Air Plant Wreath Workshop with Mimosas; Terrarium and Succulent Bowl Workshop with Wine - 2/25/2017