Sweetheart Ball debutantes presented
|Photo courtesy of Rhonda Wood|
According to event officials, invitation to participate in the Sweetheart Ball and Cotillion is based on academic achievement and school and community involvement.
Proceeds from this year’s event will benefit the Special Olympics of Ohio, Area 10. In support of the Special Olympics, the debutantes baked cookies and made Christmas ornaments and cards for the annual Christmas party at the Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board, according to event officials. Throughout the year, the debutantes also sent cards and letters of encouragement to their Special Olympics athlete pen pals.
The debutantes, shown at right, and the schools they attend included:
- Barberton High School: Lindsey Berlin, Rachel Hall, Taylor James and Amanda Nickol;
- Coventry High School: Emma Freshwater, Carol Garabito, Hannah Horrigan, Amanda Meredith, Alexandra Miller, Kristi Morisak and Kristony Norman;
- Green High School: Cassidy Calaway and Jessica Thorlo-Mitchell;
- Manchester High School: Samantha Kolar, Tiffany Morrison and Sara Shearer; and
- Norton High School: Cynthia Mullins, Sarah SirLouis and Erica Yovanovich.
Calendar of Events
- “Reasons to Be Happy” - 1/24/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 1/25/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Imani Winds - 1/25/2017
- Full Circle Storytelling - 1/25/2017
- CrOoKeD - 1/25/2017