Summa announces private mother/baby rooms at its three birthing hospitals
|Photo courtesy of Summa Health System|
A renovated room is pictured at right.
“The birth of a child is one of the most significant days in a mother or father’s life,” said Dr. Vivian von Gruenigen, Summa’s system medical director of Women’s Health Services. “We wanted to enhance that experience with maternity rooms that would be as relaxing and soothing as possible and conducive to the family bonding that occurs.”
Approximately 3,000 babies are born annually at Akron City Hospital, which has been recognized multiple times for safety and quality, according to Summa officials. Summa offers midwifery services, low-risk birthing options, birthing balls, tub rooms for hydrotherapy and breast-feeding support. Care is designed so that infants stay in their mother’s room unless there is a medical need for nursery care.
To schedule a maternity tour or sign up for childbirth education classes at Summa Akron City Hospital or Summa Barberton Hospital, visit www.summahealth.org/womens.
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015
- Full Moon Paddle - 8/29/2015
- Bad to the Bone with the Whiskey Kings, Hotel California with the Twistoffs - 8/29/2015
- Keepers of the Art Music Showcase - 8/29/2015