AGMC gift shop opens
|Photo courtesy of the Women’s Board at Akron General Medical Center|
Lori’s Gifts is a national firm based in Texas. It manages 272 hospital gift shops nationwide.
The Petite Bazaar Gift Shop has always been operated by Akron General Women’s Board, with the buying and some staffing handled by volunteers. According to board officials, after much research the decision was made to go with Lori’s management group for improved buying power.
The board will continue to be involved, and the arrangement gives the board an undisclosed guaranteed dollar amount from the gift shop each month.
In 2011, the last year figures were available for the shop, sales were more than $600,000.
Shown at right is Women’s Board President Laurie Fenton as she cuts the ribbon as board members and others watch.
Gift shop hours have been expanded to 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- An Evening of American Indian Arts - 10/13/2015
- Show and Tell Me a Story: for ages 1-3 - 10/13/2015
- Symphony Land Story Time with the Canton Symphony Orchestra - 10/13/2015
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 10/14/2015
- Know Your iPad; Searching the Internet - 10/14/2015