Spring has sprung on Daffodil Trail
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Some local residents got out to enjoy some of the earlier varieties of daffodils during visits to the park April 15. Richfield sisters Naina Bhalla, 4, and Anika Bhalla, 2, are shown at right top right as they take a look at the flowers. Gerry Popio, of Richfield, is pictured at right bottom, at left, with daughter Mary Popio as they pause along the 0.6-mile trail.
Park district officials said there are thousands of daffodil bulbs planted at the site, with dozens of varieties included. The trail was named after the first director-secretary of Metro Parks, Harold Wagner, who planted the first bulbs there in the 1930s.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Drybrush Watercolor - 10/22/2016
- Easy Street Band - 10/22/2016
- Ghouls (and Guys) Just Want to Have Fun Wine and Canvas Night - 10/22/2016
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 10/22/2016
- “Tails from the Witch’s Cauldron” - 10/22/2016