Spring has sprung on Daffodil Trail
|Photo: Ken Crisafi|
Some area residents got out to see the earlier varieties of daffodils during visits to the park April 15. Carol and Jim Elliott, of Green, are pictured above as they pause along the 0.6-mile trail.
Park district officials said there are thousands of daffodil bulbs planted at the site, with dozens of varieties included.
The trail was named after the first director-secretary of Metro Parks, Harold Wagner, who planted the first bulbs there in the 1930s.
For more information on Metro Parks, Serving Summit County, visit the website at www.summitmetroparks.org.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- The University of Akron Percussion Ensemble - 11/24/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 11/25/2014
- Pre-Holiday Book Sale - 11/26/2014
- Nature Drawing for Adults - 11/26/2014
- Joseph Arthur - 11/26/2014