Organic plant sale set for May 18-19
|Photo courtesy of Crown Point Ecology Center|
The sale will offer more than 230 varieties of organic vegetables, herbs and perennial flowers available, all grown at Crown Point, a certified organic farm. Organic vegetable seeds from High Mowing Seeds and organic fertilizer also will be on sale.
In addition, food vendors will sell breakfast items Saturday morning, and garden supply vendors will show their wares, including decorative benches, pots and the like during the entire weekend.
At 10:30 a.m. May 18, Mari Keating, founder of the Cleveland chapter of Food Not Lawns, an organization that advocates for edible gardens and healthier communities, will share gardening design tips.
A members-only presale for members of Crown Point Ecology Center will take place May 17 from 4 to 7 p.m. Those interested in becoming members may join prior to or on-site. For membership information and more details about the sale, visit www.crownpt.org.
All proceeds from the sale will benefit Crown Point Ecology Center and support its principles of sustainability, community, spirituality and justice, according to center officials.
For more information, visit www.crownpt.org or call 330-668-8992.
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016