Local girl donates hair to Wigs for Kids
|Photos courtesy of Shaw JCC|
Sydney decided to have 12 inches of her hair cut and donated to Wigs for Kids.
For more than 30 years, the not-for-profit Wigs for Kids has been providing hair replacement systems and support for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, alopecia, trichotillomania, burns and other medical issues at no cost to children or their families, according to its website.
Syndney said she was very excited to do this for children who are sick and do not have any hair, according to Shaw JCC officials.
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 8/24/2016
- Meet Me in the Garden - 8/24/2016
- Lock Bottom Blues and Jazz Club: Ernie Krivda All Star Quartet - 8/24/2016
- Tots and Treats - 8/24/2016
- A New Beginning: group for widows and widowers - 8/24/2016