Akron Heart Ball raises funds for cardiac research
|Photos courtesy of the American Heart Association|
The gala, themed this year as “Embrace,” was hosted to support cardiovascular and stroke research and raised $240,000 according to event officials.
The Heart Ball’s presenting sponsor was Sterling Jewelers Inc.
Local health leaders were honored as Heart Champions, including Robert DeJournett, of Summa Health System; Dr. Philip Smith, of The Heart Center at Akron Children’s Hospital; and Dr. Robert Schweikert, of Akron General Health System, shown above, from left.
Shown at right bottom, from left, is Kacy Wells, partner and co-founder of GO2 Advertising, the 2013 Distinguished Corporate Leader, receiving his award from Heart Ball chairs Sharon and Dr. Kevin Silver.
Shown at right top is George Murray, senior vice president of marketing for Sterling Jewelers Inc., speaking to guests about the initiatives the American Heart Association has incorporated into the community.
— By Kathleen Collins
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017