Schumacher CLC celebrates Plant Day at new garden
|Photos: Dale Dong|
The garden is part of an effort by the American Heart Association and Summa Health System and will provide hands-on learning experiences rooted in offering nutritional choices.
Kindergartener QiMarah Campbell is pictured at right top as she takes a look at one of the new raised beds.
Shown at right bottom are Isaiah Welsh and Ja’Quan Hatten, both kindergarteners, who helped plant young herbs.
“We are thrilled to have been selected to receive an American Heart Association Teaching Garden and thankful for Summa Health System,” said Schumacher CLC Principal Brandi Davis.
“This opportunity gives our children hands-on experience and an interactive nutrition curriculum that can help produce lifelong, heart-healthy habits.”
Davis is pictured at top holding a plaque commemorating the opening of the Learning Garden as students look on.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Meet Me in the Garden: Succulent Wreath - 5/25/2016
- A Night at the Museum: Real Women. Real Talk - 5/25/2016
- Summer Volunteer Orientation: ages 11-18 - 5/25/2016
- Paws for Reading with Therapy Dogs Pepper and Rocky - 5/26/2016
- Metro Parks Family Tree: Seiberling Family - 5/26/2016