DreamScape raffle winners selected
AKRON — For the Keep Akron Beautiful (KAB) Dreamscape Raffle, which marked its 10-year anniversary this year, 1,234 owners of Summit County businesses or residences entered to win a professionally designed front or back yard makeover valued at $10,000, according to KAB officials.
The winning ticket was drawn June 6 at Alexander Park by the first Dreamscape winner and Board of Directors member Eric Jones, of Jones Group Interiors.
The grand-prize winner of the raffle was Ivette Immormino, of Rocky River, who will have the opportunity to transfer the prize to a property owner within Summit County and meet with lead designer Nick Roth, of Nick’s Landscaping of Ohio, to create a design for a landscape transformation set to take place Aug. 5-9.
Winners of the runner-up prizes donated by Dreamscape’s vendor partners were:
- first runner-up — Pete Mapp, of Airport Infinity, for a choice of mulch or compost blown into landscaped beds by TerraScape Ltd., owned by Mike Clar;
- second runner-up — Ed DiCresce, of Bath, for a $100 gift basket of gardening supplies donated by Graf Growers;
- third runner-up — Toby Gorant, of Akron, for a bird bath donated by Suncrest Gardens.
Graf Growers also donated two hanging baskets that were awarded to the top ticket sellers — Eric Jones and Capt. Dan Zampelli, vice chairman of the KAB Board of Directors.
According to KAB officials, the organization grossed approximately $27,625 through ticket sales for the raffle, which supports KAB’s 32-year-old public land beautification program, Flowerscape. KAB raffle tickets were $25 each or five for $100 and were sold at five vendor partner retail locations: Dayton Nurseries Inc., Donzell’s Flower and Garden Center, Graf Growers Garden Center, Suncrest Gardens and Paul’s Greenhouse.
The Dreamscape Raffle 2013 also had the following vendor partners, offering goods and services for the August landscape makeover: Apex Electric, Belgard® Sales, Cascade Lighting, Circle K, Earth ’n Wood, Gates Landscape Co., Hitchcock Fleming & Associates Inc., Main Street Gourmet, Miller’s Party Rental, Naragon Irrigation, Nick’s Landscaping of Ohio LLC, Pam’s Perennial Plant Farm, Pepsi Beverages Co., R.G. Thomas Landscape & Design Inc., Star Printing Co. Inc., Tim’s Custom Electric, Vision Graphics & Printing, Wilson Plumbing & Heating Inc. and YES Press Printing Co.
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron University Band - 5/3/2016
- Local Brew: R. Shea Brewery - 5/3/2016
- Stress and Your Total Wellness Workshop - 5/3/2016
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group: - 5/3/2016
- Word Basics - 5/3/2016