Summa’s Men Who Cook benefits cancer screenings
|Photos courtesy of Summa Health System|
The event, which took place April 26 at St. Joseph’s Family Center, raised $70,000 to support the Summa Screens program, according to Summa officials. The program provides free cancer screenings, including mammograms and prostate cancer education, for uninsured and underinsured individuals in the community, according to Summa officials.
The chefs cooked up some of their best dishes for event attendees and for a panel of female judges at the Hollywood-themed event, “Hooray for Hollywood.”
Dr. R. Douglas Trochelman, medical director of Summa’s oncology services, and Dr. Charles Kunos, medical director of radiation oncology and director of brachytherapy/radiosurgery at Summa Akron City Hospital, are shown at right bottom, from left.
The winner’s of the People’s Choice Award went to John Nouse and Mike Schmidt, from the Akron Police Department, shown at right top from left.
Showing off their culinary creation are, shown above, from left, Tim DeBord and his brother Tom DeBord, president of Summa Barberton and Wadsworth-Rittman Hospitals.
— By Kathleen Collins
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015