Wacky, Funky Planter Contest continuing this year
|Shown above and below right are the adult and youth winners from last year’s contest.|
|Photos courtesy of Al Eddy|
The Wacky, Funky Planter Contest will take place during Bath Community Day, set for Aug. 3. This eighth annual contest invites area residents in two age groups — youths ages 6-17 and adults ages 18 and older — to get creative in growing plants, vegetables or flowers.
Participants must use anything but a conventional planter. In the past, unique items such as a wagon, boot, coffee pot, dresser drawer, hat and more have been used to pot plants, according to event organizer Al Eddy.
Eddy suggested participants look around the house to find unusual items that can be used as planters.
The Wacky, Funky Planter Contest event offers children and parents a fun activity they can do together, according to Eddy.
The contest will award ribbons and prizes donated by local merchants to first-, second- and third-place winners.
Entries for the contest should be dropped off at the Bath Community Activity Center, 1615 N. Cleveland-Massillon Road, on the morning of the contest. The judging will take place at 2 p.m. by the Gardeners of Greater Akron.
For more information, call Eddy at 330-666-3158.
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015
- Full Moon Paddle - 8/29/2015
- Bad to the Bone with the Whiskey Kings, Hotel California with the Twistoffs - 8/29/2015
- Keepers of the Art Music Showcase - 8/29/2015