Graf Growers hosts fundraiser for breast cancer
|Photos courtesy of Graf Growers|
More than 160 women attended the event, with some shown above, to shop for items from Graf Growers, Thirty-One Gifts, Lindt, Pampered Chef, Boston Meeker Photography, Cookie Lee Jewelry, Tupperware and Tastefully Simple.
DeVitis Italian Market, Shisler’s Cheese House and the West Side Bakery provided food for the event, and Graf Growers and Shisler’s Cheese House provided wine, which was poured by Kendra St. Charles and Anne Collins, from the Akron Children’s Hospital Ronald McDonald House.
Also at the event, Kathy Giller, shown at right, shared how her family has been touched by breast cancer.
“We are honored to support Kathy and Lee and their efforts to fight for a breast cancer cure,” said Lisa Graf, owner of Graf Growers, located at 1015 White Pond Drive. “We thank everyone for helping us continue to grow hope for a cure and raise over $2,100 for team Breast Man Walking through shopping, raffle ticket purchases and the event’s attendance.”
— By Maria Lindsay
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014