Ronald McDonald House forms Red Shoe Society
DOWNTOWN AKRON — There’s a newly established organization in the Akron community, the Red Shoe Society of Akron (RSS), a network of young philanthropic leaders.
The RSS works to promote, strengthen and support the Ronald McDonald House of Akron. Members wear red shoes to show their support for the Ronald McDonald House of Akron and identify with this organization.
The RSS is governed by a 12-member Executive Committee, which is overseen by the Ronald McDonald House Board of Trustees. Member benefits include supporting the House through volunteering and fundraising efforts and networking with like-minded young professionals. Anyone between the ages of 21 and 39 is invited to join the RSS by completing a membership form and making an annual donation of $50.
The Red Shoe Society will host an ice cream social for those interested in becoming members. The event is set for July 21 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Ronald McDonald House of Akron, 245 Locust St.
More People & Places
Calendar of Events
- Cabin Fever Reliever - 3/29/2015
- Movie Matinee - 3/30/2015
- Teen Program: String Art - 3/30/2015
- Spring Health and Wellness Series: Himalayan Singing Bowls - 3/30/2015
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015