Leadership Akron selects 30th class
AKRON — Leadership Akron has selected a class of 34 leaders for its 2013-14 program.
The class includes participants from Greater Akron’s business, government and nonprofit sectors. There were 80 applicants this year.
During the course of the year, Leadership Akron Class 30 will develop a well-rounded perspective on the Akron community and set the stage for further involvement as community leaders, according to organization officials. Beginning the year with a city tour and two-day opening retreat, class members will spend a full day each month focusing on a specific aspect of the community. Topics will include social services, health care, education, justice and others. Each day will give the class a hands-on look at the key organizations, decision-makers and issues in that field.
Members of the new class are:
- Lisa Aurilio, vice president, patient services, and chief nursing officer, Akron Children’s Hospital
- Ken Babby, owner and CEO, Akron Aeros
- Andrea Babjack, vice president, commercial banking, PNC Bank
- Danielle Barran, vice president and general manager, natural and specialty foods, the J.M. Smucker Co.
- Michael Batu, first vice president, investment officer, Wells Fargo Advisors
- Allan Brown, vice president, general counsel, FedEx Custom Critical
- Michael Caprez, police captain, Akron Police Department
- Randall Frame, regional president, Ohio Edison, FirstEnergy Corp.
- Christian Gadzinski, investor relations manager, the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Martin Ganzer, program manager, Welty Building Company Ltd.
- John Garofalo, vice president, community investment, Akron Community Foundation
- Lisa Hilling, partner, Bruner Cox LLP
- Michelle Hinton, director, external affairs, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
- Darryl Hunt, business development manager, GPI/ASW Global LLC
- William Judge, mayor, city of Barberton
- Mia Klinger, artistic director, Cuyahoga Valley Youth Ballet
- Laura Kulwicki, of counsel, Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease
- Karen Liddell-Anderson, director of special education, Akron Public Schools
- Heather Madden, vice president, Advisory Research Investment Management
- Kevin Malick, private banking relationship manager, Fifth Third Bank
- Patrick McCarthy, senior vice president, FirstMerit Bank
- Rick McIntosh, executive director, Project Learn of Summit County
- Jeffrey Novak, president, Advanced Insurance Designs Inc.
- Howard Parr, executive director, Akron Civic Theatre
- Dr. David Peter, senior vice president and chief medical officer, Akron General Health System
- Christopher Reuscher, partner, corporate and securities/private equity, Roetzel and Andress LPA
- Michael Robinson, group vice president, Akron Area YMCA
- Richard Saunders, president, Sully’s Tool and Party Rental
- Brittany Schmoekel, community event coordinator, city of Akron
- Shane Seymour, chief development officer, Summa Health System
- Jeana Singleton, partner, Brennan, Manna and Diamond, LLC
- Constantia Stathopoulos, president, TSB Living
- Pam Wright, senior manager/nonprofit practice leader, BCG and Co.
- Julie Zhao, director, IDEAs Program, The University of Akron
More People & Places
Calendar of Events
- Beginning Watercolor - 1/27/2015
- A New Adventure - 1/28/2015
- Connecting Children to the Wonders of Nature - 1/28/2015
- Alan Greene and T.C. Odegard - 1/28/2015
- Pilates - 1/28/2015