Pink balloon launch honors those with breast cancer
|Photo courtesy of Copley Place|
Residents purchased pink balloons for $1 each in memory or in honor of those who have battled breast cancer, according to Susan Darula, enrichment coordinator at Copley Place. The money raised, which also included residents’ donations, was given to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Darula said.
The names of Copley Place residents’ family members and friends who have had breast cancer were written down and placed in the balloons. Prior to the simultaneous release of the helium-filled balloons, the list of names was read aloud, said Darula, shown above.
“It was very moving and emotional because I think everybody has known someone” who has battled breast cancer, she said.
— By Ariel Hakim
More Senior Lifestyles
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017