Harness Race Rally raises funds for Akron Children’s Hospital
|Photo courtesy of Akron Children’s Hospital|
On Sept. 17, the Friends of Akron Children’s Hospital announced the 2013 total at a thank-you luncheon at Fairlawn Country Club. During the luncheon, awards were given to top sellers of raffle tickets and sponsorships, including:
- first overall highest seller and second highest individual ticket seller: Rosemarie George, of Akron;
- second overall highest seller: Madeline Bozzelli, of Cuyahoga Falls;
- first highest individual ticket seller: Betsy Clark, of Fairlawn; and
- top signature seller: Gia D’Andrea, of Cuyahoga Falls.
Shown above, from left, are Akron Children’s Hospital Foundation Executive Director John Zoilo; Bozzelli, Friends of Akron Children’s Hospital president; Oncology Outreach Educator Mindy Aylward; Clark, Harness Race Rally co-chair; hematology-oncology teacher Carla Lukens; and George, Harness Race Rally co-chair.
Since the beginning of the Harness Race Rally, the event has raised more than $3 million for various hospital programs, according to hospital officials.
— By Kathleen Collins
Calendar of Events
- Teen Advisory Board - 1/17/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 1/17/2017
- Prague Philharmonia with Sarah Chang - 1/17/2017
- Medicare Seminar - 1/17/2017
- Brian Keith Wallen - 1/18/2017