Cowden Foundation hosts Six Courses for Cure fundraiser
|Photos courtesy of Rob Reho|
According to event officials, proceeds from the event benefited the National GvHD Symposium, a medical conference that took place Nov. 1 in Cleveland dedicated to Graft vs. Host Disease (GvHD), its complex issues, research, education and resources available to patients and physicians. According to event officials, GvHD, which is a complication of a bone marrow transplant, results when the patient’s body is attacked by the new immune system created by the bone marrow transplant.
According to event officials, Six Courses was created by Roger Thomas, executive chef at the Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls, and Pete Olsen, a partner in Purple Feet Distributing. After meeting Gerry and Marti Cowden at a family celebration and hearing the story of their daughter, Meredith, and her battle against leukemia, they suggested the idea of a wine dinner to benefit the foundation.
Shown above, from left, are Marti Cowden, Gerry Cowden and Dr. Stan Gerson.
Shown at right is Meredith Cowden speaking to attendees at the event.
— By Kathleen Collins
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014