Child & Family Leadership Exchange Class XIX named
AKRON — The 19th Class of the Child & Family Leadership Exchange (CFLE) has been named, with 29 participants from 23 area organizations taking part in a year-long series of activities designed to promote excellence in leadership among Summit County professionals who serve children and families.
The members of CFLE Class XIX are:
- Catherine Adamek Bixenstine, MS Ed, LPCC-S, of Catholic Charities Community Service Summit County
- Jennifer Boykin, of Summit County Developmental Disabilities (DD) Board
- Crystal Brooks, BA, of Summit County Department of Job and Family Services (DJFS)
- Elaine Cherry, of the Summit County Probation Department
- Michelle Davids, of Goodwill Industries of Akron
- Jill Davies, LSW, of Caring for Kids Inc.
- Stacey Davis, of the Summit DD Board
- Andrea Dobrin, of Bellefaire JCB
- Elizabeth Falb, MSW, LISW, of Akron Children’s Hospital
- Joseph Fantozzi, JD, of the Summit County Prosecutor’s Office
- Hilary Finkel, LISW-S, of the Summit County Juvenile Court
- Christine Fontaine, M.Ed., CRC, of Goodwill Industries
- Jocelyn Grant, of the Youth Excellence Performing Arts Workshop
- Brandy Hamm, MSW, LSW, of Summit County Children Services (SCCS)
- Kathey Hodges, MSW, LISW-S, of the Summit County DJFS
- Jessica Hurst, BA, of Akron Summit Community Action Inc.
- Alexis Jemison-Knott, MPA, LSW, of SCCS
- Jennifer Klatka, MS/PCC-S, of Pastoral Counseling Services of Summit County
- Lisa Ann Marshall, of The Chapel
- Michele Mizda, MSW, LISW-S, of Akron Children’s Hospital
- Monica Mlinac, LPCC-S, of Ohio Guidestone
- Christine Oleniacz, PCC-S, of Beech Brook
- Laura Pletcher, LISW-S, of Blick Clinic
- Lindsay Reese, of the Battered Women’s Shelter
- Julie Roberts, LSW, of the Summit County Domestic Relations Court
- Alice Samuels, of Akron Urban League
- Stephen Steffensen, of the Summit County DJFS
- Catherine Stratis, of the Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Nikki Woodley, BA, MSW, of Child Guidance & Family Solutions
Participants in CFLE gain an understanding of the county’s child and family services systems, expand their network of service delivery partners and develop their leadership skills, according to organizers. The program’s hands-on approach to learning encourages communication among service providers and enhances the effectiveness of those leaders committed to strengthening family life in the community, according to CFLE officials.
The CFLE program is administered by SCCS, and oversight is provided by an advisory board, including: Judge Carol Dezso (chair), Summit County Domestic Relations Court; Jerry Craig, executive director, Summit County Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board; Patricia Divoky, executive director, Summit County DJFS; Linda Fuline, superintendent, Summit County Educational Service Center; Elaine Harlin, president, Child Guidance & Family Solutions; David James, superintendent, Akron Public Schools; Chief James Nice, Akron Police Department; William Payne, senior director board services, Summit DD Board; John Saros, executive director, SCCS; Judge Linda Tucci Teodosio, Summit County Juvenile Court; and Bernett Williams, vice president — external affairs, Akron Children’s Hospital.
For more information on the CFLE, contact Sandy DeLuca at 330-379-1994 or at email@example.com.
More People & Places
Calendar of Events
- Yoga - 2/27/2017
- Pilates - 2/27/2017
- Yoga and Mimosa; Yoga and Wine - 2/27/2017
- Trombonist Joseph Alessi with The University of Akron’s Symphonic Band and Firestone Community Learning Center (CLC) Wind Ensemble - 2/27/2017
- All City Musical: “Mary Poppins”: high school age students - 2/28/2017