Stover honored as Wellness Warrior
|Photo courtesy of Akron General Health System|
The Wellness Warrior is an individual who has championed the benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle to hospital employees and their local community, and who has successfully showcased hospitals as leaders in health promotion. Under Stover’s leadership, Akron General Health System has been recognized as a national leader in health and wellness, according to Akron General officials.
The award winners were chosen by the Foundation for Healthy Communities’ Board of Directors following independent review of nearly 50 nominations by executives who volunteered from academic, business, health, medical and nonprofit organizations. This is the second year the Wellness Warrior, Wellness @ Work and Community Champion awards have been presented, and each comes with a cash award to further the recipient hospitals’ wellness efforts.
More Health & Fitness
Calendar of Events
- Belly Dancing Fitness Class - 2/8/2016
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016