Summa’s Sapphire Ball raises funds for Center for Health Equity
|Photos courtesy of Summa Health System|
According to event officials, the Sapphire Ball broke all records for attendance and proceeds this year, with nearly 1,000 people in attendance and $1 million raised for the Summa Center for Health Equity. According to event officials, the Summa Center for Health Equity empowers people to make lasting improvements to their health through chronic disease management, nutrition, exercise and healthy lifestyle education services.
Shown at right top are event chairs Lori and Mark Krohn.
The ball also featured a performance by Kool & the Gang.
Shown at right bottom is Judy Miller, president of the Women’s Board of Summa Health System, announcing the Women’s Board gift of $50,000 to the Center for Health Equity.
Shown above, from left, at the event are Denise and Norman Wells Jr., chair of the Summa Health System Board of Directors, and Holly and Steve Wilt, vice chair of the Summa Foundation Board of Directors.
— By Kathleen Collins
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Choral Concert - 4/28/2017
- Astronomy Club of Akron: Daniel Rothstein on The Four Red Shifts - 4/28/2017
- Bluebell Valley Hike - 4/28/2017
- Rape Crisis Center of Medina & Summit Counties Walk of Heroes - 4/28/2017
- A New Adventure: group for widows and widowers - 4/29/2017