Senior living community celebrates military veterans
|Photos courtesy of Chambrel at Montrose|
Shown above, from left, are some of the senior living community’s guests: Bob Panovich, Rudy Pozonitz, George Manos, Dan O’Brien and Diane Miller.
The Veterans Day observance included a light breakfast and songs and readings by Chambrel residents. One highlight of the program was the recitation of a poem, “On This Day,” by its author, Lois Howarth-Davis, a Chambrel resident, according to Carol Shemenski, director of sales and marketing. Later, each of Chambrel’s 48 veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces were honored as Kim Price, director of lifestyles, provided the audience with background on each person’s time in the service.
Women who kept the home fires going also were honored during the program, including Karen Elvin, whose husband served in Vietnam and her son in the Iraq War. Elvin is shown at right seated on a couch with VFW member Mike Corathers, with Chambrel resident and veteran Frank Pfahl behind her and VFW Bob Grether on her right.
— By Ariel Hakim
More Senior Lifestyles
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017