Menorah lights glow at holiday event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah was yesterday, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphonic Band/Concert Band - 10/7/2015
- Criss Angel Presents: The Supernaturalists - 10/7/2015
- Cooking Seminar and Happy Hour - 10/8/2015
- Healthy Strides Hike and Talk - 10/8/2015
- Creative Writing for Homeschoolers: ages 8 to 12 - 10/8/2015