Menorah lights glow at holiday event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah was yesterday, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Collage 2016 - 10/26/2016
- Scrapbooking - 10/26/2016
- Eating Healthy on a Budget - 10/26/2016
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016