Menorah lights glow at holiday event
|Photos: Scott Horstman|
The event also featured for the fourth year a menorah made of canned goods collected for the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Chanukah, called the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that marks the rededication of the temple in 165 BC after its desecration by the Syrians. This year, Chanukah began at sundown Nov. 27. The last day of Chanukah was yesterday, Dec. 5.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- Belly Dancing Fitness Class - 2/8/2016
- Tuesday Musical: Marina Piccinini and Andreas Haefliger - 2/9/2016
- Widows and Widowers Under 50 - 2/10/2016
- Downloading with OverDrive; eBook Downloading with Kindle Fire; Know Your Android Tablet - 2/10/2016
- Pinkalicious Party - 2/10/2016