Lanterns light night at Hale Farm
Shown at right bottom during a Dec. 7 tour is School Master Mr. Strictor (played by Tom Babb, of Silver Lake) with tour leader Amanda Holdeman, of Kent, as she leads a group through the scene.
Brothers John and William Miller, both 5, are pictured at right middle with their mother, Katie Miller, of Shaker Heights, and the boys’ grandparents, Kathy and Jeff Kristofco, of Highland Heights, as they enter the post office.
At the Hale Farm and Village Meetinghouse, visitors were greeted by Kirstin Fitzgerald, of Cuyahoga Falls, and her daughter, Kassidy Fitzgerald, 13, with Maria Romito, 14, of Tallmadge, and Ben Arrington, of Cuyahoga Falls, pictured above, from left. The Meetinghouse is shown at right top lit up for the event.
Lantern Tours will continue Dec. 13-15 and 18-23 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Admission is $15 for Western Reserve Historical Society members and $20 for nonmembers. Group rates are available for 15 or more people, and reservations are required. Guests are encouraged to dress for the outdoors. To make a reservation, call 330-666-3711, ext. 1720, or email email@example.com.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
- CASA suggests ways to give back for families
- Easy ideas for holiday wreaths
- How to gift people who aren’t family
- Cut costs of holiday travel
- Metro Parks collects trees for mulch
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club selects lighting winners
- TubaChristmas all about the brass
- Area children take part in Shop With a Cop
Calendar of Events
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 12/23/2014
- A New Beginning - 12/24/2014
- Presents for Nature Realm Critters - 12/24/2014
- School’s Out Cookout: bring hot dogs and buns - 12/26/2014
- A New Adventure - 12/27/2014