TubaChristmas packs house at E.J. Thomas
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Several musicians, such as those shown at right top, sported festive attire including Santa hats for the occasion.
Musician Robin Hershey, of Akron, is pictured at right bottom as she participates in her 34th year, which organizers said is a record.
This is the 40th anniversary year for TubaChristmas. Harvey Phillips organized the first TubaChristmas in 1973 in New York City to honor his teacher, the late William Bell, who was born on Christmas day in 1902. Today, more than 250 TubaChristmas events take place around the United States and in some other countries.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
- CASA suggests ways to give back for families
- Easy ideas for holiday wreaths
- How to gift people who aren’t family
- Cut costs of holiday travel
- Metro Parks collects trees for mulch
- Fairlawn City Women’s Club selects lighting winners
- TubaChristmas all about the brass
- Area children take part in Shop With a Cop
Calendar of Events
- Holiday Open House - 12/20/2014
- Wildlife and Wood Workshop: Bird Feeder - 12/20/2014
- Sweat Lodge Ceremony - 12/20/2014
- Ugly Sweater Hike and Fire - 12/20/2014
- Hiking for the Health of It - 12/20/2014