TubaChristmas packs house at E.J. Thomas
|Photos: Ken Crisafi|
Several musicians, such as those shown at right top, sported festive attire including Santa hats for the occasion.
Musician Robin Hershey, of Akron, is pictured at right bottom as she participates in her 34th year, which organizers said is a record.
This is the 40th anniversary year for TubaChristmas. Harvey Phillips organized the first TubaChristmas in 1973 in New York City to honor his teacher, the late William Bell, who was born on Christmas day in 1902. Today, more than 250 TubaChristmas events take place around the United States and in some other countries.
— By Kathleen Folkerth
More Holiday Highlights
Calendar of Events
- The Nile and African Identity - 3/2/2015
- American Sewing Guild Fairlawn Group - 3/3/2015
- Civic Engagement and Managing Water Resources in Northeast Ohio and Globally - 3/3/2015
- The Nile Project: Interactive Performance & Capstone Concert - 3/3/2015
- Ohio and Erie Canal: A Timeline - 3/4/2015