Taste of Vintage raises funds for Goodwill
|Photos courtesy of Goodwill Industries of Akron Inc.|
According to event officials, the fundraiser raised more than $65,000 to support Goodwill’s mission to help individuals prepare for, find and retain employment in the community.
The benefit was led by honorary event chairs George and Beth Sherwood, shown at right.
The evening included a night full of food tastings offered by a variety of restaurants and specialty businesses, silent and live auctions, shown above, as well as a showcase of fashions from Goodwill’s Vintage Collection.
In addition, Jerry Welty’s philanthropic efforts in the Greater Akron community were honored, along with a special dedication to Rebecca Babcox (1951-2012) for making a difference through outstanding service to Goodwill’s fund development and marketing programs, according to event officials.
— By Kathleen Collins
Calendar of Events
- Kindness Matters! - 9/17/2014
- Writers Live Author Luncheon featuring Wanda Brunstetter - 9/17/2014
- New Faculty Recital - 9/17/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio - 9/18/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 9/18/2014