Rockynol seniors help homeless
|Photo: Maria Lindsay|
The effort, organized through Cornerstone Methodist Church, included a lunch bag with a bologna and cheese sandwich, orange, chips and a bottle of water donated by Rockynol. The lunch bag was served Feb. 1 alongside hot soup, green beans, mashed potatoes and corn at Zion Lutheran Church in Downtown Akron through its ministry Jesus Said, according to Erica Mezick, director of assisted living at Rockynol and a member of Cornerstone Methodist Church.
Seniors assisting in the effort are shown at left, at right, from front: Mary Cox, Julia Nagle, Caroline DeOrio and Anna Marie Ginter. Shown above, from front, are Rockynol employees: administrative assistant Debbie Collier, night aide Winnie Young and Mezick.
Not pictured but also assisting in the effort was Jessica Goff, director of resident life and volunteer services.
— By Maria Lindsay
More Senior Lifestyles
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- Mudcakes Clay Class: ages 6-8 - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016