First Cleveland Home + Remodeling Expo planned
|Perrino Vignettes built by Perrino Builders & Furniture will be featured at the Cleveland Home + Remodeling Expo, presented by Carrier, March 14-16, as shown above and below right.|
|The CasaBubble, an inflatable outdoor living space that has no framework and uses a self-adjusting turbine to keep the structure in shape, will be shown at the Cleveland Home + Remodeling Expo.|
|Photos courtesy of the Cleveland Home + Remodeling Expo|
According to event officials, this three-day home improvement expo will showcase new and innovative trends and products in home remodeling and design in a state-of-the-art venue. Attendees will be able to shop for homebuilders, home improvement contractors, home décor and other products and services all in one place.
Features and attractions scheduled for the expo include:
- Fully constructed Perrino Vignettes built by Perrino Builders & Furniture will feature an audio-visual theater from Xtend Technologies and offer inspiration for remodeling kitchens, creating a pub and wine bar and designing a home theater.
- The Ultimate Garage, created by EncoreGarage of Ohio, will offer ideas on how to reclaim space and feature a flooring system that is stain-resistant and easy-to-maintain, with a granite-like appearance. Visitors also will see wall-mounted custom cabinets that provide flexible storage and durable all-steel organization products to store tools, bicycles, sporting equipment, gardening supplies and more.
- CasaBubble, the inflatable structure that has no framework and uses a self-adjusting turbine to keep the structure in shape, leaves mosquitoes, pollen and other allergens outside. The CasaBubble is an outdoor living space and can be equipped with furniture, heaters and even a shower. Furnishings will be provided by Levin Furniture.
- Kauffman Lawn Furniture’s KidsZone will feature slides, swings, gliders, rock climbing walls and more. Parents can watch their children on maintenance-free lawn furniture surrounding the KidsZone.
- An Outdoor Living Oasis designed and constructed by GreenSource LLC will feature a children’s discovery den, sunken seating and a fire pit area, a sheer descent water feature and an outdoor bar and cooktop.
- The Grow Cleveland Pavilion sponsored by Whole Foods will feature urban living, local organizations promoting the growth of Cleveland, small-space gardening, local farmers markets, food sampling from Whole Foods and more.
- Club Cambria will offer food and beverages.
Also, the following celebrity appearances are planned:
√ DIY Network and HGTV host of “Rehab Addict” Nicole Curtis, a self-taught home rehabber and designer, master of salvage picking and spirited advocate for saving old houses, will be on hand March 14-15. Curtis harnesses her experience with interior design, contracting and real estate in “Rehab Addict,” offering ideas, energy and vision for repurposing and creating budget-minded designs. Learn more at www.nicolecurtisdesign.com.
√ “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” home design guru Ty Pennington, presented by Carrier, will be appearing on the Main Stage March 15. In the fall of 2010, Pennington added “Inside the Box with Ty Pennington” for Canada’s W Network and “Home for the Brave” for Great Britain’s UKTV Home. In addition, Pennington also has published several books and developed home goods lines, including Ty Pennington Impressions with Westminster Fabrics.
For more information, visit www.typennington.com.
√ Internationally recognized design/build contractor and Canadian TV personality Ramsin Khachi, presented by Cambria, will appear on the Main Stage March 14-15. With more than 20 years of experience in the industry, Khachi is known for generating creative solutions to problems and for his customized spaces. He also is one of the leading design experts on CTV’s daytime talk show “The Marilyn Denis Show,” where he shares his tips on construction, interior design and décor with viewers. For more details, visit www.khachi.com.
√ Matt Fox will be on hand all weekend and offer home improvement knowledge and special educational presentations. Fox is best known for creating and co-hosting the first and longest-running show to air on HGTV, “Room by Room,” as well as hosting and producing the public TV series “Around the House with Matt and Shari.” Visit www.mattandshari.com for more information.
The expo will run March 14 from noon to 9 p.m., March 15 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and March 16 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tickets are $10 for adults at the box office; $8 for adults online at www.homeandremodelingexpo.com, Discount Drug Mart and AAA locations; $8 for seniors ages 65 and older with identification, available only at the show box office; $5 for children ages 6-12; and free for younger children. Single tickets are valid for one day only.
Also, March 15 is Northeast Ohio Media Group Heroes Day, with military personnel and veterans with identification admitted for free.
More Home Improvement
Calendar of Events
- Plein Air Exhibition - 7/30/2015
- “Jupiter Ascending” - 7/30/2015
- Akron Pops Orchestra - 7/30/2015
- Mostly Blues Band with Peggy Coyle - 7/30/2015
- “Hairspray” - 7/31/2015