Nine ways to improve curb appeal
Homeowners who want their homes to make strong first impressions must prioritize curb appeal. Homes with strong curb appeal sell well and can impart a welcoming feel to all visitors. Improving curb appeal need not be expensive; the following are a handful of ways to improve the appearance of your home.
- Install a bold-looking door in a vibrant color or one with a custom design. This helps the home stand out from other properties in the neighborhood.
- Edge the driveway to create a distinct border between the driveway and the lawn or other landscaping features. This helps homes appear neat and well kept.
- Use outdoor lighting to make a home more inviting. Outdoor lighting also makes properties safer to traverse at night.
- Clean a home’s exterior to remove mildew or discolorations from the siding, driveway, patio and other outdoor elements.
- Improve landscapes with fresh plants and seasonal color. Homeowners without the time to plant can consider container gardens, which don’t take much time to assemble but still add appeal to a home’s exterior.
- Prune planting beds and add new mulch to restore color.
- Add shutters and accent trim to a home’s exterior to improve on the beauty of the house.
- Install new fencing or give a fresh coat of paint or stain to an existing fence.
- Replace concrete paths with tile or stone walkways to make entryways more impressive and inviting.
This information was provided courtesy of MetroCreative Connection.
More Home Improvement
Calendar of Events
- Fiction Book Club: “Truly Madly Guilty” - 4/25/2017
- Yoga for Homeschoolers: ages 8-12 - 4/25/2017
- PiYo with Morgan Webb - 4/25/2017
- Click and Sip Digital Photography Class - 4/26/2017
- Tuesday Musical: Escher String Quartet - 4/26/2017