Mobile Meals calls attention to senior hunger
|Photo courtesy of Mobile Meals Inc.|
Shown above, from left, are Cannon and Walters.
Mayors and community leaders across the country delivered meals to homebound seniors throughout March to call attention to the reality of senior hunger, according to Mobile Meals officials.
Walters thanked Mobile Meals for the service they offer to the residents of Cuyahoga Falls and throughout Northeast Ohio.
Cannon, a long-time resident of Cuyahoga Falls and client of Mobile Meals, told the mayor how important it is to receive a hot lunch each day, Mondays through Fridays, since it is difficult for him to prepare his own meals, according to Mobile Meals officials.
According to Mobile Meals officials, the organization has served communities throughout Northeast Ohio for 43 years, providing healthy meals and nutrition services to enrich lives and foster independence. Nearly 2,500 meals are delivered to the homes of children, the disabled and the elderly each day.
More Senior Lifestyles
Calendar of Events
- Norma Wagner Uray: Fashion Illustrations - 8/21/2014
- Highland Book Club: “Trains and Lovers,” by Alexander McCall Smith - 8/21/2014
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation Support Group - 8/21/2014
- Stewart’s Caring Place: A Cancer Wellness Center Events - 8/21/2014
- GriefCare Place - 8/21/2014