Crown Point accepting applications for 2014 CSA shares
|Crown Point Ecology Center is now accepting applications for full or half shares for its 2014 Community Supported Agriculture season.|
|Photo courtesy of Crown Point Ecology Center|
Crown Point offers more than 50 varieties of certified organic vegetables in its 20- to 22-week (depending on the weather) season.
Membership to Crown Point Ecology Center and half payment of the share are due upon submission of the application. All shares are first come, first served with application and payment. Applications are available to download at www.crownpt.org. Crown Point then will contact those interested.
Share pick-up is on Wednesdays or Fridays beginning in early June through late October. All shareholders are required to work a minimum of one three-hour work shift through the season.
Currently there are full shares or half shares available, including:
- Standard Shares ($595) run for 22 weeks (depending on the weather), between early June and late October, and require one three-hour work shift.
- Working Shares ($495) also run for 22 weeks (depending on the weather), but instead of a single three-hour work shift, shareholders are required to complete eight three-hour work shifts.
- Biweekly Shares/Half Shares ($315) are picked up every other week between early June and late October, for a total of 11 distributions of produce, and require one three-hour work shift.
- Sponsor Shares ($1,200) include a Crown Point membership, Standard Share, Spring Greens Share, Winter Share and an additional donation to Crown Point’s First Fruits Initiative Program, produce donated to the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
To sign up on the wait list, visit www.crownpt.org. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 330-668-8992.
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Sunday Funday Ballroom Dance - 2/14/2016
- Natural Discoveries Hiking Series: Soup for the Bird Lover’s Soul - 2/14/2016
- Love is in the Air Hike - 2/14/2016
- ConFunkShun - 2/14/2016
- Movie Matinee: “Minions” - 2/15/2016