High school students shine at Sweetheart Ball
|Photo courtesy of Laura Wall-Stewart|
According to event officials, 11 young women representing four area high schools were presented at the event. An invitation to participate in the Sweetheart Ball and Cotillion is based on academic achievement and school and community involvement, according to event officials.
Dinner and dancing to the music of Rick and the Cutting Edge also took place during the ball.
According to event officials, proceeds from this year’s event benefited Special Olympics of Ohio, Area 10.
The ball participants, shown above right, and the high schools they attend included:
- Barberton High School: Kalandra Alherimi, Brittany Conner and Kathryn Leise;
- Coventry High School: Jodie Watkins and Brittany Zittle;
- Green High School: Sarah Schreckenberger;
- Norton High School: Olivia Bennett, Emily Coughenour and Kymberly Emerick;
- Manchester High School: Mackenzie Bower and Sarah Hercules.
Calendar of Events
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra with Ting-Wei Chang and Mario Buchanan - 3/31/2015
- Cheri Homaee - 3/31/2015
- Bongo Joe and Little Steve-O - 4/1/2015
- Author Talk: Irv Korman - 4/1/2015
- Grass is Gross: Edible Landscaping - 4/2/2015