St. Sebastian students donate to Isabella’s Closet
|Photo courtesy of St. Sebastian Parish School
Their classmate, Sophia Stahl, lost her little sister Isabella when she was 3 months old, according to school officials. Sophia’s mom, Janice, is the housing service manager for North Coast Community Homes. This company helps develop and manage housing for people with developmental disabilities, mental illness and other disabilities. The Stahl family created Isabella’s Closet in memory of their daughter and as a way to help these residents.
Because so many of the residents who come to live at one of the community homes have been living on the streets, the Isabella’s Closet donation program helps North Coast tenants with their basic needs such as towels, sheets, blankets and dishes. Together, the fourth-grade class raised over $300. They purchased buckets and filled them with Subway gift cards and many household necessities.
Students are shown above with the buckets, which they presented to Stahl.
More Faith & Worship
Calendar of Events
- Nashville Crush with Joshua Surgeon & The Dusty Bottoms - 7/29/2016
- Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Three Points of View: Art by Kathleen Worgul, Carol Klingel, Marjorie Dettling - 7/29/2016
- Almost Queen (Queen tribute) with Chris Allen & The Guilty Hearts - 7/29/2016
- Chardon Polka Band - 7/29/2016