‘Elvis’ sings, performs for fan at Arden Courts
|Photo courtesy of Arden Courts of Bath|
The 79-year-old Barkley is shown above with Elvis impersonator Lonnie Freeman, who also performed for other residents that day.
“Velma asks for Elvis daily and lights up when she hears his music,” said Polly Graening, program services coordinator for Arden Courts. “We are so thrilled to be able to grant her this incredible opportunity.”
Arden Courts of Bath is a memory care community for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias, according to facility officials. The Heart’s Desire program that Arden Courts offers is designed to enrich the lives of residents, encourage them to take advantage of all that life has to offer and continue their active participation in the community by fulfilling their greatest wishes or desires, according to Arden Courts officials.
More Senior Lifestyles
Calendar of Events
- Kulas Concert Series: Zahari Metchkov and Joachim Reinhuber - 10/4/2015
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s to benefit Alzheimer’s Association - 10/4/2015
- Walk for Babies to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital - 10/4/2015
- Dixieland Jazz Concert and Jam - 10/4/2015
- Nature Drawing for Kids: ages 6-12 - 10/4/2015