Award presented at AAIC annual dinner
|Photo courtesy of Akron Area Interfaith Council
The Boys and Girls Clubs serve more than 2,000 local at-risk children with a safe environment in after-school programs at the Arlington Club, the Annex Club, the Eller Club and the LeBron James Club, according to AAIC officials. The clubs provide children ages 5-18 with well-rounded experiences involving both the arts and technology. They receive academic assistance and participate in games and physical recreation. They also go on field trips, attend special speaker programs and participate in leadership development and community service projects, according to AAIC officials.
Teresa LeGrair, president and CEO of the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Western Reserve, accepted the award on behalf of the organization.
The event speaker was local religion writer Colette Jenkins, whose topic was “‘Them and Us’ — The Mentality That Violates Human Rights.” The dinner took place at Our Lady of Cedars Maronite Catholic Church.
More Faith & Worship
Calendar of Events
- Evil Ways, The Jimi Hendrix Tribute Experience and Ball and Chain - 8/28/2015
- End of Summer Jam with Sir Charles and Wendell B. - 8/28/2015
- Thyme for Dinner: Campfire Cooking - 8/28/2015
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015