Tea at Stan Hywet features mini gardens May 31
|Photo courtesy of Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens|
Tea, tea sandwiches and dessert will be served while Shelley Funai, Stan Hywet grounds manager, demonstrates the art of creating inventive miniature gardens for the yard or tablescape.
Kits and other accessories will be available for purchase in Molly’s Shop. The tea also will include a self-guided tour of the Manor House, located at 714 N. Portage Path.
Funai has a degree in landscape horticulture from The Ohio State University and has been on the staff of Stan Hywet’s horticulture team for almost 11 years. She is a member of the Ohio Landscape Association and in her free time, she enjoys gardening at home with her husband, Jim, who also is a professional horticulturalist. The two were married on the West Terrace at Stan Hywet in 2009.
Shown above are spring blooms on the Stan Hywet grounds.
Each tea is $35 per person or $28 for Stan Hywet members. Reservations are required; tickets may be purchased by visiting www.stanhywet.org or by calling 330-315-3287.
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Play and Stay Friday - 1/20/2017
- 11th Annual Chili Challenge to benefit Akron Children’s Hospital’s Burn Unit - 1/20/2017
- Silly Fridays: Create Your Own Crystal Garden - 1/20/2017
- Homeschoolers: The Power of Poison: ages 11-14 - 1/20/2017
- Puppet Show: Mindy Mouse Finds a Flower - 1/21/2017