Volunteers clean up Glendale Steps
The spring cleaning was part of Keep Akron Beautiful’s Clean Up Akron activities.
Several participants helping out at the cleanup are pictured above on a hillside by the steps, which are denoted with a historical marker. The 242 sandstone steps connect South Walnut Street to a park on Glendale Avenue.
Among those helping out during the day was Steve Nome, of Cuyahoga Falls, a volunteer for the Preservation Alliance of Greater Akron, shown below.
Stephen Leonardi, of Akron, a volunteer from Keep Akron Beautiful, also volunteered his time and is shown at right raking an area of the hillside.
— By Maria Linsday
Photos: Dale Dong
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Sisters in Art 2016 Exhibit - 10/27/2016
- Cuyahoga Valley Heritage Concert: Dom Flemons - 10/27/2016
- Uncorked Canvas with Brian Sutphin - 10/27/2016
- “Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein” - 10/27/2016
- Ohio Spirits: Stories, Legends and Tales from Ohio’s Haunted Places - 10/27/2016