Volunteers clean up Glendale Steps
The spring cleaning was part of Keep Akron Beautiful’s Clean Up Akron activities.
Several participants helping out at the cleanup are pictured above on a hillside by the steps, which are denoted with a historical marker. The 242 sandstone steps connect South Walnut Street to a park on Glendale Avenue.
Among those helping out during the day was Steve Nome, of Cuyahoga Falls, a volunteer for the Preservation Alliance of Greater Akron, shown below.
Stephen Leonardi, of Akron, a volunteer from Keep Akron Beautiful, also volunteered his time and is shown at right raking an area of the hillside.
— By Maria Linsday
Photos: Dale Dong
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- Verb Ballets: “Works Reimagined: Continuing the Legacy of Heinz Poll”; “Carnival of the Animals” - 2/19/2017
- Akron Baroque and Singers Companye - 2/19/2017
- Pinterest Projects: Succulents - 2/19/2017
- “Pete’s Dragon” - 2/20/2017
- Friends of the Maltz Museum’s Presidents’ Day Celebration - 2/20/2017