Lawn & Garden
Donzell’s offers June events
SOUTH AKRON — This month, Donzell’s Flower and Garden Center will offer the following events:
- “Miniature and Fairy Gardening” seminar, June 7, 11 a.m., with speaker Duane Rollins, greenhouse floral designer. This seminar will focus on fairy gardens, terrariums and creative ways to construct plantings on a small scale. Rollins will demonstrate how to construct a terrarium, make miniature plant recommendations and give care tips. Call 330-724-0505 to register.
- “Wine Tasting,” June 7, 1 to 4 p.m., featuring French rosé and other light and fruity samplings.
- “Walk Among the Butterflies,” June 11-13 and 15, noon to 5 p.m., and June 14, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. A free interactive butterfly display will feature live butterflies and chrysalis. Attendees will learn about the life cycle of monarchs.
- “Attract Butterflies and Hummingbirds to Your Backyard” seminar, June 14, 11 a.m., with speaker Carol Zeh, a member of the Audubon Society. This seminar will discuss how a few plants or an entire backyard can be designed to attract butterflies. Call 330-724-0505 to register.
- “Plastic Pot Recycling,” June 23-29. Customers can drop off plastic pots, trays and inserts this week. Look for signs in the parking lot.
More Lawn & Garden
Calendar of Events
- “The Boiling Point” - 9/2/2014
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 9/2/2014
- Wilco with special guest Bahamas - 9/4/2014
- Full Moon Labyrinth Walk Workshop: The Harvest Moon: “Sing, Dance and Celebrate” - 9/7/2014
- Open House - 9/7/2014