Ceremony planned for LEAVE A LEGACY Annual Awards
WEST AKRON — LEAVE A LEGACY Summit/Portage/Medina will present its 11th Voices of Giving Annual Awards, “The Jewels of our Communities,” June 19 from 4 to 6 p.m. at Portage Country Club, 240 N. Portage Path.
The event pays tribute to individuals in Summit, Portage and Medina counties who out of selflessness, generosity and foresight have chosen to leave a bequest or planned gift to their favorite charity, according to organization officials.
According to organization officials, the following have been nominated:
- Kerri Bowman, nominated by PAWSibilities, Humane Society of Greater Akron;
- Jim and Maureen Kovach, nominated by Western Reserve Public Media;
- Dave and Pat Kraninger, nominated by Walsh Jesuit High School; and
- Susan Moore, nominated by Maguire Legal Group.
LEAVE A LEGACY is a national program founded in March 2002 to encourage people from all walks of life to make a bequest or to their favorite charity, according to organization officials.
For more information, contact Marlene Dunford, founder/project manager, at 330-633-6995 or MarleneDun@msn.com.
Maria Lindsay contributed to this report.
More Death Notices
Calendar of Events
- Medina County Story Fest - 9/20/2014
- A Vision to Share, a Story to Tell - 9/20/2014
- “Deadly Murder” - 9/20/2014
- Using Ancestry in Your Genealogy Research - 9/20/2014
- “The Sunset Limited” - 9/20/2014