Akron facility offering homeless a place for pets
|Photo courtesy of Susan Zake|
The program provides a new dog and cat kennel facility at the Family Promise of Summit County day center for temporarily homeless families, located at 111 E. Voris St. This new facility will provide pets in transition a safe, comforting place to call home. A grand-opening, ribbon-cutting ceremony and community open house took place Aug. 12.
Pictured at right, from left, at the ceremony are: Akron Mayor Don Plusquellic; Summit County Executive Russ Pry; Ann Wehener, Family Promise Board vice president, and Jim Morris, regional vice president for PetSmart, cutting the ribbon; and, standing behind them, Jeff Wilhite, director of Family Promise and Bruce Zake, Family Promise Board president.
Tours of the PetSmart Promise facility and day center are now available. For more information, call 330-253-8081.
Calendar of Events
- Small Footprint: Road Trip - 5/5/2016
- University of Akron Symphony Orchestra - 5/5/2016
- Mudcakes Clay Class: ages 6-8 - 5/5/2016
- “Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens” - 5/5/2016
- Homeschoolers: Backyard Pollinators: ages 7-10 - 5/6/2016