Local gymnasts fare well at opening meet
|Photo courtesy of Sandi Murphy|
The 11-member compulsory team earned a combined 22 trophies and 33 medals. More than 500 gymnasts from more than 20 teams competed at the Ohio National Association of Women Gymnasts Judges Cup meet hosted by Kent State University.
Ceara Casterline, of Cuyahoga Falls, led the IGTC Level 6 team, placing first on beam, floor and all-around and second on bars. Madison Starks, of Akron, placed second on vault, beam, floor and all-around, and fourth on bars. Raina Rotondo, of Green, placed first on vault and beam, and third on floor and all-around. Rotondo, Casterline and Starks are shown at right from left.
The Level 5 team was anchored by Hayleigh Greer, of Akron, who placed first in all-around, second on vault, third on bars and beam, and fifth on floor. Kyonne Smith, of Akron, finished first on vault, second on all-around, and fourth on bars and floor. Mercedes Sieg, of Springfield, placed sixth on vault.
Alyssa Kerchner, of Springfield, a member of the IGTC Level 4 team, placed fourth on beam and all-around, fifth on floor and bars, and sixth on vault. Angela Kerchner, of Springfield, also competed.
- Annual Fall Hiking Spree kicking off with preview event Aug. 30
- Project REBUILD accepts donation from Huth Charitable Foundation
- Copley team wins tournament
- Experienced CVCA girls tennis team facing tough schedule
- Cuyahoga Falls Little League team earns third district title
- Manchester football team looking for young players to step up
Calendar of Events
- Downloading with the 3M Cloud Library, eLearning the Easy Way, Excel Basics, Games and Tricks for Android Tablets - 8/29/2015
- Akron Symphony Chorus - 8/29/2015
- Full Moon Paddle - 8/29/2015
- Bad to the Bone with the Whiskey Kings, Hotel California with the Twistoffs - 8/29/2015
- Keepers of the Art Music Showcase - 8/29/2015